1. What Personal Information About Customers Does Herald Collect?We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our education programs and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- - Information You Give Us
- We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Herald Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Herald Services.
- -Automatic Information
- We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Herald Services, including information about your interaction with our instant messaging platform, content and services available through Herald Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and Google analytics and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Herald Services and other content served by or on behalf of Herald on other websites.
2. For What Purposes Does Herald Use Your Personal Information?We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the education programs and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- - Herald Test services
- We use your personal information to provide you with exact academic feedback about test-takers
- - Herald Academic Course Services
- We use your personal information to provide course details, course schedule, information about teachers and course payment, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Herald Services.
- - Comply with legal obligations
- In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect phone number, email address information for identity verification and other purposes.
- - Communicate with you
- We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Herald Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- - Advertising
- We use your personal information to provide interest-based ads for new education programs and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
3. How Secure Is Information About Me?We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- - We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- - We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- - We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- - It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Herald account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
4. What Information Can I Access?You can access your information, including your name, grade(age), address, payment options, profile information, and course registration and test-taking history in the "My Herald" section of the website.
- Questions, concerns, or complaints Please contact the Korea Herald USA Inc.’s privacy officer.