Benefits of the Herald Student Reporters program
Many aspiring reporters don’t know where to start, how to select a topic, or how to write an article.
Our editors give you all the information you need about the entire process of writing an English article, from selecting a topic to doing research and writing the actual article, and also provide a review report on the written article.
A two-minute guide to writing an article
Our editors provide a step-by-step explanation with examples of real articles, making it easy for even first-time article-writers to learn.
- 1. What is a news article?
- 2. Types of news articles
- 3. Reporting activities
- 4. Selecting news topics
- 5. Article writing format
- 6. Article coverage and writing examples
- 7. Examples of poor titles
- 8. Examples of poor lead sentences
- 9. Paragraph breaks
- 10. Image attachments